Click here to register for the 2018 Cascade 1200.
There is a limit of 100 riders. A waitlist will be maintained over that number.
In an effort to accommodate as many international riders as possible, registration spots will be allocated as follows: 80 spots will be immediately available to riders from the United States and Canada. These spots are expected to fill within a day. A waiting list will be maintained beyond that. 20 spots will be immediately available for riders from all other countries. If not immediately filled, these places will be held open for international riders through the end of February. Any unfilled international spots will be offered to to wait-listed US/Canada riders on March 1st.
The cost of the ride is $475. Certain discounts are available (see below). 100% of the fee is due at registration via PAYPAL. Your registration fee includes the following:
- Accommodation at each of the three overnight controls. The first two nights are at high school facilities. Air mattresses, sleeping bags* and earplugs will be provided. The third night will be at a mountain resort. Riders will be 2 to a queen or king bed. Rooms will have 1-2 beds, so expect 1-3 roommates each night.
- Sex-segregated showers at the school facilities (towels and shampoo provided) and in-room showers at the mountain resort.
- Drop bag transport from the start to each overnight control, and back to the finish
- Professionally catered food at the overnight controls for dinner and breakfast
- Gender specific event t-shirt ( or other event schwag item, TBD) and finisher’s medal
- Bike box and left luggage transportation from the start hotel to the finish location
- Sweep vehicle. Please see the important FAQ information on sweep.
- Sleeping facilities (group style with air mattress/sleeping bags) and showers available at the finish location through Wednesday morning.
- SPOT Trace GPS tracking device.* A real-time website will be available for friends and family to track your progress during the event. All riders are REQUIRED to carry a GPS Tracking device. Riders using their own SPOT (or DeLorme InReach) tracking devices are eligible to receive a discount. See below.
*DISCOUNTS off the registration fee are available as follows:
- A $50 discount is available to riders who bring their own SPOT or DeLorme InReach tracking device. During the registration process you must provide your device’s public tracking link. Please note we will not accept requests to use phone apps such as Apple Find My Friends, etc as much of the course is not covered by cellular reception.
- A $25 discount is available to riders who bring their own sleeping bag. The sleeping bag MUST be contained in a stuff sack. We will not carry loose bags, blankets, pillows, etc.
The following are NOT included, and are at the rider’s expense
- Hotel accommodation at the start hotel. A group rate has been negotiated. You will receive information on the group rate when your registration is accepted.
- Transport to/from the airport to the start/finish locations.
- Food outside of the overnight controls. We may have some manned controls in remote locations, but riders should be prepared to fend for themselves during the day. Locations of services and manned controls will be clearly marked on the cuesheet. Eastern WA is HOT in mid-June, so it is recommended that all riders carry three water bottles.
- Transport back to the start/finish if you abandon. Please see the important FAQ information on sweep.
- Event jersey. Details on purchasing a jersey can be found here.
All riders MUST have completed a full series (200, 300, 400, 600) in 2017 or 2018. If using a 2018 series to qualify, all rides MUST be completed no later than June 3rd. You may register for the event prior to completing a 2018 series, but you will be asked to withdraw (and be subject to the cancellation policy) if you are unable to qualify. If a series is not completed by June 3rd, the rider may also apply to the Seattle RBA with evidence of the rider’s capability to complete the ride. In his sole discretion, the RBA may allow the rider to participate in the Cascade 1200.
Riders will be admitted from the wait list only after cancellations bring the # of committed riders down below 100.
If you must cancel, PLEASE do so as early as possible. Not only will that maximize your refund, it will *also* enable wait-listed riders (many of whom will be travelling from afar) to make their travel reservations as early as possible. Thank you!
80% on or before March 31st.
50% between April 1st & April 30th
20% between May 1st & May 15th.
No refund after May 15th UNLESS we can fill your spot from the wait list, in which case we will refund you 20%.